RE: nostorage and vmware guest installs

Hi Brent,

I figured out something similarly for our IBM and HP servers. The easiest way would be to browse through /var/log/messages and dmesg to see what device driver the kernel loads and then use trial and error to confirm that you have it correct. Its unfortunately not a quick answer but does promise to be a good learining expierence.

Regards

From: kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brent Clements
Sent: 21 May 2008 14:42
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
Subject: nostorage and vmware guest installs

Hi All,

I'm creating a generic kickstart file for virtuals but would like to have only the modules loaded that I need to load.  When using nostorage boot time option., what specifc device modules should I load up in my "device" directive to be able to utlize either vmware ide devices and scsi devices?

Thanks!

BC