Re: What does kssendmac set?

Elliot Peele wrote:
On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 07:32:11PM +0100, Robin Bowes wrote:
I'd like to use the machine mac address to determine the host configuration to be used and have just discovered the "kssendmac" directive.

Can someone tell me what additional information that directive sets and how I should look for it in my CGI?

Looks like it sends a http header in the form:

X-RHN-Provisioning-MAC-$interfaceIndex: $deviceName $macAddress

Elliot

Robin, not sure if you just asked this in #kickstart, but here's some example code of reading that from Python:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=cobbler;a=blob_plain;f=scripts/findks.cgi;hb=HEAD

For those that aren't there, #kickstart is on irc.freenode.net and is the IRC companion to this channel. Join up, as it could
use some more people in it.

--Michael