Re: pxe menu

Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
	Have a look at pxeboot (from syslinux project) and their menu.c32 ;)

	Regards
	Pablo

Cobbler (http://cobbler.et.redhat.com) uses menu.c32 to generate it's PXE menus. menu.c32 is of course very nice. I haven't found a good way to generate submenus in though I would be very interested in this -- for instance, if you were able to pick your cobbler distribution and then pick profiles based on that distribution, or if the lists were very long it might be more useful than having scrolling.

However since menu.c32 does offer some very nice scrolling, unless your number of entries gets very large, the need for submenus may be a non-issue.

Another problem you'll run into with menu.c32 is that it does not offer a working timeout -- so once you PXE to engage the menu, the user must choose from the menu... so in my case I default to "default", and menu.c32 is the "menu" target -- so to pull up the menu you have to type "menu" at the syslinux prompt before it times out to "default".

Hopefully that helps, if you get a good working hierarchical setup with menu.c32 I'd be interested in seeing your configuration files on that.

--Michael