Re: how to install a custom XEN kernel & rpm's from kickstart?

Tom Brown wrote:

No, I don't have bandwidth to spare on downloading package xyz or abc cause one guy says this, and another says that. I haven't done this before, and I have a CentOS 5.1 x64 machine with very very little installed, so I need to download a lot of stuff for it to work probably. anyway, I'll look into it later, thank you

but by reading you'll find out what package to download without wasting bandwidth. If you have to pay for the transfer then its perhaps best to do a yum install rpm-build and find out what packages are required and then install these off the CD rather than from a repo. Or configure a local repo.

But you're implying that it's wrong to ask the question on a list where I could possibly get a direct answer? With regard to configuring a local repo, it's going to cost me a lot of money to download the full CentOS 5 repo. I know the DVD is 3GB, which will cost me a fortune, since I pay per MB. Anyway, I'm not going to bother with it. OpenSuse 10.3 has a x64 rpm already so I'm going to use that instead. Thank you for your help

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com