Re: how to install a custom XEN kernel & rpm's from kickstart?

Robin Bowes wrote:
Rudi Ahlers wrote:
Tom Brown wrote:

I'm trying to automate some server deployment, and would like to know how to tell kickstart to use a custom kernel, and install additional rpm's not normally found on the CD / DVD?

rpm -i in the %post

As follows?

rpm -i xen-3.2.0-0xs.centos5.i386.rpm
rpm -i xen-debuginfo-3.2.0-0xs.centos5.i386.rpm

Personally, I set up my own repo and add it to the kickstart:

repo --name=myrepo --baseurl=http://example.com/centos/5/x86_64/RPMS

Specify any additional RPMs in the %packages list

Any RPMs in that repo that are older than the ones on the install media will be installed.

Where did you get xen 3.2 for CentOS? Is that from the CentOS site? Ah, I see - it's i386. I ended up building 3.1.2 from Fedora for my x86_64 boxes.

R.

I need to make a CD in order to install remote servers & colocation providers, so I won't be able to setup a repo there, unless I put another server in, which will cost extra. So I need to keep everything on the CD, or even DVD

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com