Re: Best practices for partitioning hdds?

Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
	Hi
	I'm trying to setup a ks profile which must work for both new and
"used" hard drives.

	The idea is to have one layout that could be deployed on
"non-compliant" disks, and to keep the one existing on "compliant" ones.

	My way to workarround this could be:

	Examine sfdisk -l /dev/firstharddrive
	If part order and types are "compliant", then keep them, and write
a /tmp/partinfo with "--onpart".

	This second option could arise problems I've encountered (not
tested on RHEL/CentOS 5.1) regarding having an already defined VG with
LV's I don't want anymore as I'm reinstalling. (Which I could bypass
zeroing the LVM partition)

	If not, write a new layout to /tmp/partinfo and include it.

	Have you dealt with this in the past? something you could provide
about what to do and what to avoid?

	Regards
	Pablo

Can you clarify what "complaint" and "non-compliant" mean?