Re: Resend: Anaconda modifying network files

Caetano, Greg wrote:
Bryan:

I take care of removing all those "specifics" as part of the %post of a kickstart

So in that case, you still have to run system-config-network at firstboot (or equivalent)? That seems reasonable -- you may be handing something to someone with a static IP setup, you don't know. Rethinking it, if you clear things out in %post and also feed it network details in the libvirt XML, maybe that's good enough...

Still, I'm not sure of a way to do that fully automatically and get them all unique MACs without being rather clever...

Greg Caetano
HP ISS Linux Virtualization Solutions Engineering
Chicago, IL
greg.caetano@xxxxxx
Red Hat Certified Engineer
RHCE#805007310328754