Pre-patched kickstart tree

As the subject states, I am trying to create an kickstart tree that allows me to install a system with current packages, instead of older packages from the downloaded ISO’s that I have. I have novi installed, and am able to merge the two RPMS directories that I have using hard links, but when I try and kickstart a machine using this directory as the install tree, I get the following error:

“That directory does not seem to contain a Red Hat Enterprise Linux installation tree.”

I’ve tried linking the ‘RedHat/base’ directory, thinking I needed the stage2 stuff, but I still get the same error. Any advice on this, or alternate methods of doing the same thing would be great.

-Darrick