Re: how do I split Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso

Floydsmith@xxxxxxx wrote:
I managed to pullin Re-Spin:
Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso
last night only to find that although it
fits onto a single DVD, it expects to be
split up into 3 images on 3 DVDs. Can
anyone tell me on my pristeen f8 machine
what tools I will need to download and
how to do the "split".

Floyd,

Hi Floyd,

This spin is not a Re-Spin, but a custom spin built off the installation tree, containing all packages available.

It doesn't expect to the split into 3 DVDs, but there's 3 DVDs to the entire spin, and you'll need all of them if you are going to do a complete installation or if you select packages that are on the second or third DVD.

You should download the other DVDs along with the one you just downloaded, or choose another spin from http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora (it has single DVDs there), wait for the Fedora Unity Re-Spin of Fedora 8 to be released (that'll have single DVDs too).

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip