Subject: langsupport in Fedora 7 ?
From: Ingo Jochim <i.jochim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 16:45:43 +0100

Hi guys,

where is the "langsupport" option in the kickstart config in Fedora 7 ?
I get "unknown command" running a kickstart file with that option which works fine on FC4.

I read that there is a new option called @french-support for example.
But this does not add something to /etc/sysconfig/i18n which I'm using.
What has changed?
I appreciate your help.

Hi Ingo,

Language packages such as "@french-support" need to be entered into the "%packages" section of your kickstart config file. Interested readers are directed to the 'Kickstart Options' section of the RHEL5 manual (which will be largely applicable to Fedora 7: http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-kickstart2-options.html

I note that the entry for 'langsupport' contradicts itself by first saying that it's required and then saying that it's deprecated!

<excerpt>

 langsupport (required)

    The langsupport keyword is deprecated and its use will cause an
  error message to be printed to the screen and installation to halt.
  Instead of using the langsupport keyword, you should now list the
  support package groups for all languages you want supported in the
  %packages section of your kickstart file. For instance, adding support
  for French means you should add the following to %packages:

  @french-support

<excerpt>