Re: Separate reference for %post

On Oct 30, 2007, at 9:04 AM, Joe_Wulf wrote:

Can the %post be a separate file altogether and ‘included’?  Where would I actually put the file so anaconda can properly get it?  Where should it be put so that the %include directive properly picks it up?

I don't know about %including it, but I almost always make my %posts a separate script, and then in the kickstart just run it from the real %post.  Where you put it is going to depend on what kind of kickstart you are doing (cdrom,http,nfs?).

My %post scripts are usually very minimal, generally something like this:

%post
wget http://kickstart/cgi-bin/post-install > /tmp/post-install-script
chmod +x /tmp/post-install-script
/tmp/post-install-script