From: kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Coe, Colin C. (Unix Engineer)
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2007 20:10
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
Subject: RE: How to totally exclude IPv6...

say carbon

default carbon
prompt 1
timeout 100

label carbon
        kernel ks-rhel-x86_64-server-5/vmlinuz
        append initrd=ks-rhel-x86_64-server-5/initrd.img ks=http://somewhere/kickstart/ks/org/1x33bf2048269014bdb91b23c8c6411c37/label/carbon load_ramdisk=1 ksdevice=link noipv6

From: kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe_Wulf
Sent: Monday, 15 October 2007 7:55 AM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: How to totally exclude IPv6...

During kickstart of new systems the vmlinuz and/or initrd.img waste a lot of time
looking for IPv6 connectivity, routers and ethernet ports.  Is there a method during
the tftpboot/PXELinux phase that can bypass this?

R,
-Joe Wulf, CISSP, USN(RET)
 Senior IA Engineer
 ProSync Technology Group, LLC

        www.prosync.com

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.