kickstart builds one system but not another

Ok, here is a weird one.

I've got two physical systems running VMware workstation 6, the first is a 64bit desktop with 2 Quad-core CPUs
and 4GB of system memory with the only thing running on it is VMware.

The other is a Dell XPS laptop, dual-core Pentium (T2600) with 3GB of RAM.  I can build an RHEL AS4u5 x32,
via kickstart on this one.

I go back to the kickstart server (running Fedora 7) modify the MAC address in DHCP (then restart it) and then
link the modified MAC address for the tftpboot/linux_install/pxeconfig.cfg to the new one.  These correspond to
the MAC address on the VM on the 64bit system.

The initial tftpboot goes fine, but when it comes time to NFS mount the kickstart directory, it simply fails over
to doing a completely interactive install.

Any clues why the better box can't seem to 'get it up'?

R,
-Joe Wulf, CISSP, USN(RET)
 Senior IA Engineer
 ProSync Technology Group, LLC