Re: static network configuration ask

To say this another way, it is not necessary to enter hostname as a boot parameter, assuming the ip address can be resolved.

Ed Brown wrote:
hostname won't be set during the %post scriptlet without some help, but it should be set on reboot just fine. To set it for the sake of commands in %post (for example, if you need to run cfengine):

hostname `grep HOSTNAME /etc/sysconfig/network |cut -d'=' -f2`

But as the above implies, it should already be configured on reboot.

-Ed

Kit Stube wrote:
That worked for the most part. Ed,  your a genious!

The only problem now is that it didn't set the hostname. Is there some way
to use something like $hostname in post so I can set all that up?
Perhaps that was what Pablo was trying to tell me? I don't understand how
to process /proc/commandline.    Does anyone have an example?
I would be greatly appreciative.

Kit