Re: static network configuration ask

Kit Stube wrote:
 Thanks Ed.  I'll try that and report back.  It's still a little more
complicated than I would have liked as this will be used by people other
than myself.   It really simplifies all the scripting I was doing in %post
to force it to work despite the difficulties.  :-)

It would be much slicker if there were an "ask" option to the network or if
it didn't default to dhcp  :-(

Inputting the parameters at the boot prompt prevents defaulting to dhcp initially. Leaving them out means defaulting to dhcp attempts, but then you WILL get "ask"ed. The problem there is that I don't think those answers are properly turned into final network configurations (ifcfg-ethN, /etc/sysconfig/network, /etc/hosts), without some %pre/%post help.

-Ed