Re: static network configuration ask

I'm here reviewing my kickstart file because I think the answer is much simpler than suggestions so far, and I'm wondering if I'm forgetting something. I don't think so. This is the network line in the kickstart file:

network --bootproto=static

Then don't wait for anaconda to prompt for parameters, just enter them at the 'boot:' prompt:

boot: ip=blah gateway=blah netmask=blah dns=blah

I don't think it's necessary to do any processing of /proc/cmdline or includes etc, this is it.

-Ed

Kit Stube wrote:
Is there an option that will allow me to automate everything in kickstart
except just the network portion so that I can have the same kickstart config
for a bunch of clustered hosts but input the network information myself?

The reason I ask is because I would like to automate a lot of other stuff in
%post  or on first boot but need networking to be set up properly by the
time that stuff runs or it will screw all of that up.

Thanks in advance
Kit Stube