Re: Installing minimal number of packages

Shabazian, Chip wrote:
You still get base.  A truly minimal install would be

%packages --no-base

But that would result in a largely unusable system, so you need to add
packages back in from that point.

NOTE: I have not tested this on FC6, but expect it to be the same.

Is there not a happy medium somewhere in betwen? I definitely want a stripped system that includes rpm, and basic functionality but I don't want X, or lots of bulk. Doing --no-base and adding back all the packages just to make it function correctly seems tedious to get correct.

If that is the best way, can someone give me an example of what they add back?

Michael

Michael