Re: Adding update repos to ks.cfg

Ray Van Dolson wrote:
On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 08:34:09PM -0700, Michael wrote:
I have been using kickstart for a while to do my builds. I follow up with yum on the first boot to bring everything up to date.

Today, I started to ask myself why can't I point the installer to the install DVD image and updates repo at the same time and install the newest packages without having to do an update. It seems to work, but I am concerned this might be risky somehow.

I added something like:

repo --name localupdates --baseurl=http://my.webserver.com/updates

in my ks.cfg

Is this an ok or safe thing to do? I just hate installing 300 packages and then having to update 200 because of new package release.

I know I could update my install tree to include the new packages, but if there is any easier way...

I wasn't aware of this parameter.  What distros have an anaconda that
supports this?

Ray

It works in Fedora Core 6 and Fedora 7 that I am aware of.

Michael