Why does the anaconda-ks.cfg file *not* reflect the packages I chose during my manual install?

Hello,

Longtime listener, first time caller...

Just installed CentOS 5 and along the way I selected all optional packages for things.

1. It's incredibly annoying I cannot right-click on a top-level category and say "Install all optional packages" but must through each sub-category and tediously do it. 2. I was hoping the ks file generated would have a good flight recording I could then replay but it only reflects the default packages, not the "all optional packages" I'd selected during the manual install. 3. While CentOS 5 configurator doesn't crash like the FC6 did (wow, that sucked a lot of time), it doesn't allow me to select optional packages at all making it pretty much a starting point for a boilerplate KS file that I must then extensively hand edit. 4. In my naive attempt at getting this behavior to work, I did a "rpm -qa >> mymachine.cfg" in order to have anaconda install the RPMs that were installed when I did the original manual install (sorry, English grammar is elusive right now). This just resulted in the install just sitting there pegging the CPU with "Completed Completed" being the last message on the console.

Ideas?

thanks,
greg