Fedora 7 Kickstart / Stage2 Issue

I have been using kickstart to setup our computer labs for the last several releases of Fedora. I thought while I had some time, that I would implement a cobbler setup and roll out Fedora 7.

I am running into an issue with kickstarting Fedora 7.

I use the boot.iso to create a bootable CD which from the command line type in my kickstart command: ks=http://<pathtoks.cfg>

Anaconda starts up, grabs an IP address, grabs the kickstart file and at this point attempts to re-initialize the interface using DHCP. The system queries via DHCP several times before it gives up and attempts to retrieve stage2 which fails ...

I am at a loss because I watch the DHCP server logs and it sees all the queries and responds to each one. It is like anaconda is ignoring the responses.

I have looked at the mailing list for previous problems and solutions and have even set portfast on the port in question, but it failed to help me.

I have also set various other options such as noipv6 ksdevice=link loglevel=debug without any success.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

David Hageman                 Linux/Network Administrator
University of Kansas
3042 Eaton Hall
(785) 864.3923                dhageman@xxxxxxxxxxx