Re: How to setup a kickstart server in Fedora 7

Joe_Wulf wrote:
I've been attempting to use my notes for establishing a kickstart server, yet within Fedora 7 I'm not finding so of what I am used to seeing---must be ignorance on my part. I don't see the xinetd.d (maybe don't
need it) but I also don't see where/how to get tftp up and running.

yum install cobbler ?  :)

There's really not a compelling reason for setting this up and maintaining all of this manually if you don't have to.
Also, my small network has a Linksys router that normally serves of DHCP, will I have to disable that
to get no dhcp server conflicts with the Fedora7 kickstart server?
You can edit your DHCP configuration on your router (if doable) to point to your TFTP server -- running
a second DHCP server on the TFTP server is not required.

This is the "next-server" parameter in ISC dhcp.
While I'm at it, do you know of any other gotcha's for employing Fedora 7 as a kickstart server?

Nope :)

R,
-Joe Wulf, CISSP, USN(RET)
 Senior IA Engineer