Re: Using variables in kickstart file

Gabrie wrote:
So, if I get this right.... I can use /proc/cmdline to read the
command line that kickstart has been called from and use the output in
the kickstart file (network section)?

No, you can't just use variables in the network line.

And I don't believe that you will be able to insert or include or modify the network line parameters during %pre. Yes, this works for packages and partitioning, but I think it's too late for network parameters. Now I could be wrong, maybe that is not true for dhcp or cd-based installs. (You haven't said what your install method is, though you mentioned a dhcp server in passing.)

-Ed