Re: Kickstart RAID1 help

On Jun 27, 2007, at 2:56 AM, Mukarram Syed wrote:

Hi

I am trying to get Kickstart working with RAID1. The regular Kickstart works fine (without RAID1).

Googl’ing for these errors didn’t help.

You can't do this:
# Swap

part raid.05 --recommended --ondisk sda

part raid.06 --recommended --ondisk sdb

--recommended only works when the mountpoint is 'swap', it won't work with raid mountpoints...

In general I wouldn't recommend building a raid for swap anyway, it doesn't gain you much and the performance overhead for RAID will make a difference in this situation, since you want your memory to be as fast as possible. What I would do instead is...

part swap --recommended --ondisk sda
part swap --recommended --ondisk sdb

This will give you twice as much swap without the performance overhead, and if one disk fails you can just 'swapoff' that partition and keep running with just one swap partition.

--
Jason Kohles
email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx