Re: driverdisk and include

Shabazian, Chip wrote:
You can add the dd line to boot: line, just make sure you don't exceed
255 characters total with all your other options included.

hi,
i'd like to put together a few kickstart file. there are common part of
them like common packages and directives. so i put them in a separate
file and include them. but i want to do this from a pxe boot. i already
find how can i retrive include file from the %pre script to be able to
include them. but my problem is that i need to add a driverdisk to each
kickstart file since our server use r1000 network card which is not in
the current anaconda kernel. so my question
- what stage are run during a kickstart pxe boot?
- what information should have to be available in each stage?
- can i put the
  driverdisk --source=ftp://.../r1000-2.6.18_8.img
  line into a common included file or should it have to be in the main
  file?
- is it documented anywhere or just i'm not able to find it?
thank you for your help in advance.

I'm sure it's documented, and I'm sure I've read it. Did you read the RHEL documentation? Fedora?

I prefer http installs, I think I get better logs. Check your after you do a kickstart and see what files it's looking for. It might already be looking for a driver disk.

Read the recent (still-running?) hints and tricks thread for my favourite technique for creating ks files. It's another reason to prefer http.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait