Re: Linuxworld Kickstart Tips and Tricks

From: "Shabazian, Chip" <Chip.Shabazian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Howdy,

As I mentioned a while back, I'm doing a "Kickstart Tips and Tricks"
seminar at Linuxworld this summer, and I need to finish (ok, START and
finish) my presentation this weekend.  I've gotten a few good tips from
you all, so this is my final call for help:

<snip>

* What else should I be asking for and presenting

Hi Chip,

One aspect of kickstart that I've not been able to solve satisfactorily is to have the process detect existing LVM partitions, retaining all of them and reformatting some of them. I had to resort to using a ks.cfg file which had no partitioning information in it at all, which allowed anaconda to drop out to disk druid. I could then tell it what I wanted and the install then carried on.

If you have a solution to this which would allow a 100% unattanded install, I for one would appreciate it.

--
  Regards,
  Steve

IT Support - UNIX/Linux                        Cadence Design Systems
                                               Bagshot Road
                                               Bracknell BERKSHIRE
                                               RG12 0PH   UK