Re: FC7 kickstart: CDROM non found

Alessio Focardi wrote:
On 6/11/07, John Summerfield <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Alessio Focardi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I moved my personalized install from FC6 to F7 but i'm getting into
> troubles
> with the ks.cfg file.
>
> My iso works flawless if run from a cd drive that's connected to the
> primary ide
> but does not work using a cdrom on the secondary controller or from an
> usb cdrom.

Does a manual install of F7 work?

No, I just noticed that!

So the problem is not anaconda, or kickstart ... probably they removed some
ide driver from the installation  iso.

I wouldn't rule out Anaconda, but you're definitely in the Wrong Place now. Probably the Fedora Users' list is a better forum.

Anyone has some hint about how i can add support for my chipset (via700) to
the fc7 iso ?

Shall I try a "mashup" of FC6 and F7 iso's ?

No.

--

Cheers
John