Re: custom kernel for Centos 5 kickstart?

Guolin Cheng wrote:

 I've tried ksdevice options as well. It does work for some cases. But
the main problems. We have tens different network/harddrive
combinations. And so it turns a simple issue into a unmanageable
complex. Originally we use a custom booting kernel plus in-house
sysimager solution to handle it, custom kernel fix the detection
sequence problem and sysimager dumps a few tarball/images to hard
drives.

  could you use the "noprobe" kernel parameter at boot
time to tell anaconda not to probe for network and storage
devices, then use the "device" command in your kickstart
config file to order the devices as you want?

chris