Re: FC6 - How to update packages on kickstart server

You would share the mounted ISO over any protocol (HTTP/FTP/...)

However this would only give you the core repository.

The tool Shabazian is talking about (yesterday at the RH Summit), is Revisor. This tool will allow you to specify your own set or repositories, create custom package sets (including specific versions of packages), and create CD, DVD and Live Media. As a side effect, it'll also have a build tree or unified ISO which you can then use.

The Revisor developers (Jonathan Steffan and myself) have submitted Revisor for review in the Fedora Repository, and it'll only work for F7+, but nonetheless should be able to create valid buildtrees for FC6+.

A kickstart file (which it appears you already have), can be used to specify the package manifest, so you don't need to resolve dependencies over all 7000+ packages ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

Andy Meany wrote:
>From what I read, it seems like re-spins only work for ISO images. My server actually has all the RPMs rather than the ISO images. Can re-spins work for the RPMs also? I have installed jigdo and downloaded the latest re-spin but am unsure of how to proceed.

*/"Shabazian, Chip" <Chip.Shabazian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    http://fedoraunity.org/re-spins
Chip Shabazian
    VP ; Sr. Consultant - System Engineering
    Bank of America
    E&O OS Services -- Linux
    e: chip.shabazian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:chip.shabazian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>