Re: RHEL5 kickstart needs to mount cdrom in postinst

Martin Steinmann wrote:
Is
this an updated stage2.img?
No, it's just an updated installmethod.py that will be used in place
of
the one that comes with anaconda.

Adding it to the boot flags means adding it
to isolinux.cfg?
When you boot up and are staring at the boot prompt on the CD, you
just
add updates=... after the target you want to boot.  You can do this
with
network booting as well.

The updates procedure is documented in the docs/install-methods.txt
file
that comes with anaconda and at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Updates.

Wow! It worked. Many thanks for all the help. I added the updates.img
file into the tree on the CD and created a new CD. It now runs
postinstall without ejecting the CD.

Is there a similarly elegant way to add a driver disk image?  I am still
struggling embedding an additional RAID driver into the boot CD. I
suppose I need to update the initial initrd file (using mkinitrd) and
then tell Anaconda to load the driver image during stage2. Can the
driver disk image be placed somewhere into the tree similar to the
updates.img?

Thanks
--martin

Yes.

Look for the driverdisk option at
https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-kickstart2-options.html

That option is in RHEL4 & 5 that I know of.

Sincerely,
Jason