Re: Intel megasr RAID driver not included with RHEL4

An example for dd command line parameter is:

dd=path:/tmp/megasr.img

In this case, the driver image (megasr) is located within the initrd
under tmp directory.

'dd=' parameter is to specify the driver disk image location. 'ks=' is
to specify the location of kickstart file (example:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-kickstart2-startinginstall.html)

Driver disks can also be specified in the kickstart file, as mentioned
in the examples here:
(http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html)

driverdisk --source=ftp://path/to/dd.img
driverdisk --source=http://path/to/dd.img
driverdisk --source=nfs:host:/path/to/img

Btw, for Intel servers, there is a tool called "Intel Deployment
Assistant" (http://www.intel.com/design/servers/ism/deployment.htm)
which can help in installing these drivers. (Note: I work as a
developer on this tool).

Hope this helps.

-Jaiber John