Re: Kickstarting an RX4640 Itanium

Matt,

I work in HP's Open Source and Linux Organization and I've done multiple kickstart installs on Itanium hardware and everything looks right to me. It sounds like the cciss driver isn't being loaded during your kickstart install for some reason. Can you switch to the shell (Alt-F2) and run lsmod (or 'cat /proc/modules') and see if the cciss driver is loaded when you receive that message?

You can also try adding the following line to the top of your kickstart script to make sure the cciss driver is loaded:

device scsi cciss

BTW, how did you manage to fit four internal drives in an rx4640? There's only room for two.

Bryan