Re: Mounting NFS during Kickstart as RW

Jeff Yana wrote:
Dear List-

What is the problem you are trying to fix? Why do you want the logs on the server during the install?

Does anyone on this List know whether or not an NFS mount can be mounted RW on the target system during a Kickstart installation? I am attempting to redirect all of my standard out/error to a log file located on the system hosting my ISOs.

I would think it could be done in %pre. You would need to explore the capabilities of the mount command available to you; those may vary with the distro and release of Linux.

No matter what I do, I cannot get the target machine to mount anything other than RO. I have tested and verified that the export is available RW, as it will mount on an OS X machine as expected. Kickstart host system a RHEL 4
Target system a FC6

I'm certain you can do it in %post, and if not, then it's possible to have scp working with keys and no password prompts so you can copy the (not yet absolutely complete) log files.

Thanks in advance. Jeff Yana