Re: Kickstart and multi-disks servers

In your disk line use the --ondisk option.

use sda and sdb for SCSI/SATA disks and use hda & hdb for IDE disks.

I use a shell script in my %pre to detect for sda/hda and write the proper disk lines.

Sincerely,
Jason

KENNEDY VAN DAM Eric wrote:
Hello,
I've noticed something special and I don't know how to solve this. I need to make a general installation procedure that should work on "any kind of hardware". My kickstart works well on server with one HDD. The problem appears when I want to use it on a 2 HDD server. Some partitions are created on the first one and some others on the second one. I want to ONLY work on the first HDD. How can I do ? The RHEL Sysadmin Guide is not really clear about this. Thx --
Kennedy van Dam Eric
Unix/Storage Team
Phone: +32 (0)2 529 3375
Mail: eric.kennedyvandam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:eric.kennedyvandam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ------------------------------------------------------------------------