Paring a pair of pears; was: Pear-down RPMS dir

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006, Matt Sturtz wrote:

Anybody know of a tool I can use to remove the packages that aren't
required while leaving those that are, and those that satisfy dependancies
for those that are?  The idea of querying dependancies for every single
package doesn't thrill me...  Kickstarting a box, and then removing all
the packages that didn't end up on that box sounds even worse...

Almost all can be done hands off.

1. do an install;
2. pare to taste on an automated basis;
	http://www.owlriver.com/tips/tiny-centos/
3. verify completeness:
	http://www.owlriver.com/tips/broken-system/
4. run and capture to file:
	rpm -qa --qf '%{name}\n' | sort
5. walk that list amd make sure all listed packages are present

... note -- as %pre and %post elements are not dependency checked, and are able to hold Turing complete aspects, TEST

- Russ Herrold