Re: Using a DHCP server for two subnets

Two subnets sharing the same wire and interface on the DHCP server, or two separate wires (LANs) and two separate interfaces on the DHCP server?

We've done both.

			- Matt

Elizabeth.Brosch@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Has anyone successfully used one DHCP to serve hosts on two subnets?

If anyone can share their dhcpd.conf syntax, I would appreciate. I think I have it correct because the DHCP server will issue:

dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER………………………………..

dhcpd: DHCPOFFER……………………………………

dhcpd: DHCPREQUEST………………………………..
dhcpd: DHCPACK………………………………………..

But then I immediately receive:

in.tftpd[4254]: RRQ from 10.225.248.1 filename pxelinux.0

in.tftpd[4254]: tftpd: read: Connection refused

I am not sure if it is a dhcpd.conf configuration problem or not. My switch has “port fast” enabled. I can Kickstart servers with no problem but when I introduce a second subnet into my dhcpd, tftp fails.

How anyone ever seen this?

I had tried this a few months ago but was never able to get around it but I have a need to revisit this now and get it working.

Thanks.

Liz Brosch

TSH System Services

Philadelphia, PA  19104