Re: Autostep not working?

Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 10:51 -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
Is it my imagination, or does "autostep" not work with "text"
(but only "graphical")?

autostep has always been graphical only (and I believe documented as
such).  Making it otherwise is somewhere between difficult and
impossible

Jeremy

Why?  All it does is continue with the supplies values without waiting
for the user to enter new values...  that's orthogonal to using a GUI or
a simple ASCII interface...

Besides, not everything has a head or graphics capability.  We have some
industrial PC's we use as Wifi routers and as VoIP call managers, and they
either run in text/VGA mode (with no X server), or else their BIOS
uses a serial port as the console (a la Sun).

Using text mode autostep would be extremely handy on such machines.

-Philip

-Philip