Re: FC5 minimal

Perhaps with something like this:

lang en_US.UTF-8
langsupport en_GB.UTF-8
keyboard uk

In the kickstart file. In mine it's the frist few lines.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Robin Bowes wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 10:37 -0700, Shabazian, Chip wrote:

Be aware however, that this usually results in a system that is
unusable.  You need to build back up from @base in order to get a good
build. I have no idea what these packages might be for FC5.

%packages --nobase
@Core

will give you a system that is usable, but has no yum, no lftp, no man
pages, no a lot of stuff.  You do get rpm, and thus python so thats
good.  It is usable, just difficult to add to it from there.

I've been working on this today, and this post scratch my itch nicely!

I use this:

%packages --nobase --resolvedeps
@Core
yum
openssh-server
openssh-clients
# list of other packages here

This way I can add only just those packages I need and don't get all the
other cruft that comes with the standard install and isn't needed on
servers.

Now, if I could only work out how to set LANG to en_GB.UTF-8 on
installation ...

R.

			Phil Bettinson

Swyddog Gweinyddu Systemau	Systems Administrator

Isadran Cyfrifiaduron        	Computer Section
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru    National Library of Wales
Aberystwyth, 			Aberystwyth
Ceredigion, 			Ceredigion
SY23 3BU			SY23 3BU

Ffôn / Phone: 01970 632X867    	Ffacs / Fax: 01970 615X709
EBost / Email: phb AT NOSPAM llgc.org.uk  We / Web: http://www.llgc.org.uk
Yn siarad drosof fy hun, nid LlGC   -  Speaking personally, not for NLW