Re: Extracting variables from within ks.cfg, interpreted from command-line

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Dan Trainor wrote:

Were you able to see the link to the kickstart which I was using?

Yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the pastebin site auto-corrects line endings to make text files readable.

I'm interested in hearing about your CRLF-line-ending concerns, as it seem that both my ks.cfg and ks-script files in /tmp carry a ^M after every line. It's been my experience that control characters where they do not belong, make really funny things happen.

Shell scripts do not like CRLF line endings. Are you using a Windows editor? Did you try running everything through dos2unix?

Cheers,
Phil