Re: Extracting variables from within ks.cfg, interpreted from command-line

Jesse Keating wrote:
On 03/15/2006 Dan Trainor wrote:

I've pasted it at http://pastebin.com/603104

I've had bad luck putting a bash script in %pre.  Instead I wget a
script in %pre and then execute it.  The command not founde is probably
a typo, and it is trying ot run your script but is not able to, some
part of it is missing in the anaconda env (like bash?).  The line
numbers are really hard to grok when dealing w/ ks script errors.

Hello, Jesse -

What kind of "bad luck" have you found? I'm still hot after this one, and it's really bothering me.

Bash is available to me in %pre, yes? This stuff would even work in sh, as far as my testing shows.

%pre does get parsed before my network info is used with the 'network' directive in my kickstart file, right?

Thanks!
-dant