Re: Small image based on comps.xml alone?

seth vidal wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Chip -

I was thinking, based on what I've read of your posts, "if anyone would respond to this, it would be Chip". haha.

Anyway - yes, I'm trying to do the same sort of whing which you had mentioned. I've got it down pretty well, however, I don't know how to make my medium include ONLY those packages specified in comps.xml.

The best I've been able to do is an HTTP boot, and record the packages downloaded by the installing client, based on Apache's logs. I'll then take this list of packages and throw them all on one bootable CD, and corss my fingers. However, there *has* to be a more elegant way of doing this.

take your comps.xml - put it in as the groups file in a yum repo made by
createrepo.

and yum should be able to mark-for-install and depsolve everything in
that group.

then you know what pkgs you need.

you could make it even easier than that with a little bit of coding.

-sv

Thanks for the reply, Seth -

Interesting solution, and I think that solves part of the deal.

Some of those articles that Chip had mentioned are a great reference. I'm going to toy around with a few of them right now.

Thanks

--
- Dan Trainor
- id-Confirm, Inc.