Re: Module loading

Brian Long wrote:
Iain Conochie wrote:

Morning,

Is it possible to stop the auto probe on a 3.0AS kickstart installation? I have an adaptec SAS controller card, and the install program mistakenly uses the aacraid driver to support this device. I have a drivers disk from IBM (this is an x366 server) which contains the correct driver but the install program loads the aacraid driver before i have a chance of using the IBM supplied driver!

    Any ideas? Anyone managed to successfully install on this server?

Cheers

You could pass 'nostorage' to newer RHEL 3 kickstarts and it won't probe any storage. Make sure you also add 'dd' so it prompts for the driver disk.

/Brian/

Cheers Brian. I found that passing 'noprobe' works as well, however I have to manually add the network driver to make sure kickstart worked.

In the end I had to put AS 4.0 on this as none of the drivers seem to support the Adaptec SAS card....

Cheers

Iain