kickstart + VNC + virtual terminal

Title: kickstart + VNC + virtual terminal

Hi,

Our kickstart install method (with RHEL3U5) involves running pre-install

and post-install scripts using a virtual terminal tty6, as follows:

| %pre --interpreter /bin/sh

| chvt 6

| bash /mnt/source/install/ks_pre </dev/tty6 >/dev/tty6 2>&1

| chvt 1

| %post --nochroot --interpreter /bin/sh

| chvt 6

| bash /mnt/source/install/ks_post </dev/tty6 >/dev/tty6 2>&1

| chvt 1

Both pre-install and post-install parts are interactive, requesting some

data (but continuing on no-input timeout, with a value by default).

Everything works OK...

Now, I would like to perform a remote installation via VNC.

Well, so, I add the "vnc" boot-time option and it begins to work, but...

All the time while pre-install runs I see only the "initial" installation

screen on my VNC client, I can't see the progress of the pre-install.

Then, when the pre-install finishes, I see the nice "Installing Packages"

graphical progress on the VNC client.

Then, when post-install starts, the picture is stuck and I have no way

to see the progress of the post-install.

Could anybody suggest a way to get the pre-install and post-install

parts available from a VNC client?

Any other way to have a completely remote installation with interactive

pre-install and post-install parts?

Thanks.

Bram