Re: comps RPM

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, seth vidal wrote:

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 16:07 -0500, Klaus Steden wrote:
On a somewhat related note (to my previous question), is there a simple
procedure documented someplace for rebuilding the comps.rpm file with the
new package information?  Seems like this should be part of my package
update process...

I've still to figure out what value this RPM actually offers. What is its
history, and what is it supposed to do?

die, comps, die.

Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel about it!!

Seriously though, given that comps is on its last breath, is there a good way
to generate a comps like file to use for setting up a yum groups file. I
currently use the comps file that comes with a release for a starting point for
my yum groups file(s). How are others doing this kind of thing?

Regards,

Tom