Re: Kickstart taking long time on RHEL 4 to start

I am having this same problem.  It freezes at the "Determining Hostname and Domain" screen.  After about 10 minutes, it continues on.  I have PXE kickstarts for 7.3, 9.0, three versions of RHEL 3, and RHEL 4.  RHEL 4 is the first one to do this to me, yet the configs are all very close together, and are identical network-wise.  Furthermore, anything based on RHEL4 (CentOS, Trustix) does the same thing.  I would assume it's doing a name lookup and it's having trouble finishing it.  But, according to what's going on in the virtual terminals, it is able to get its IP and find its domain name.

Koree