Re: disabling dhcp for eth1 in kernel

Yes, the ks log shows the ip address being acquired correctly for eth0. There's this weird message about it waiting 15 seconds, though. I'm not sure what that means. The message about the eth0 getting a dhcp address is followed very shortly by a couple messages stating what the IP address for the NFS server is and what the path is to the ks.cfg file, so I'm pretty sure it's working correctly. After that, messages about it trying to acquire a dhcp address for eth1 come too, including a failure message. I'll see if I can get something more exact and post it, if that'd be helpful.

Thanks,
Lloyd

Harry Mills wrote:

Yep - does seem a little confusing.

What does the KS log say (<Alt>+<F3>)? Can you see it get the correct IP from the DHCP server on eth0? On my install (Which is booted from a USB key) I see it get the network info for eth2 (my onboard card) and then fetch the ks.cfg. It never attempts to initialise any of the other cards.

The only other oddness I have come across is where later kernel's probe order is different - my onboard always used to be eth0 until one OS version later... it was eth2 :)

Cheers

Harry