Re: ks] ks.cfg crashes install

Presumably that is possible if you started the network either in %pre or in %post -- each with it's own set of perks (and problems?) ;-)

/dky

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 09:21:14AM -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Gobbledegeek wrote:

/bin/cat "<xxxx> (Based on Fedora Core 3)\n\r Kernel \r on an \m \n\r"
/etc/issue

one assumes you nean to use 'echo' in teh preceeding line

as to the crash cause, the python traceback would have the
cause on the screen.

I've found this isn't always the case. Sometimes a lot of text will be
dumped that makes the real reason disappear in output that is forced
off-screen. Is there a way yet to log remotely? Besides outputting to a
serial interface and capturing that? Assuming the interface is up, how
about a netcat to a logging server? Guess I can hack initrd.

On the same thread, can one easily enable telnetd during the install?
I have done this during sun flash installs to telnet in and tail the
install log so I can track build progress on a remote, headless server.

ben.