Re: Kickstart: correct way to disable SELinux

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 11:53 -0700, Dan Trainor wrote:

Hi -

You know, this never did work for me, I'm not sure why. I've tried this on dozens of kickstarts, with dozens of different versions, to no avail.

How does this "not work"?  I've done it w/ FC3 and FC4 and it works just
fine...  Selinux is in disabled mode.

Well, it's just failed for me. I have single disk install and found that the SELINUX line was set to enforcing in /etc/sysconfig/selinux. It's always worked in the past so off the top of my head I have the following observations:

1. I may have removed an important rpm
2. This is the first time I have used FC4
3. I may never have noticed (but I don't believe this one)
4. This is the first time I have build CD's as opposed to a http install

So what does the selinux --disable line actually do? Does it just edit the sysconfig/selinux file or something more subtle?

--
Ian Leonard

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did.