Re: Installing an RPM later on in pkgorder

Dan Carpenter wrote:
On 7/14/05, Dan Trainor <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey, one more update for you all -

It is indeed a network issue of some sort.  I set the IP addressing to
be of type DHCP, and I did not run into my problem.

I'm hoping someone can answer my question here, as this would be an
incredible help.

Thanks
-dant

That's far to vague...  AND YOU KNOW IT.

Based on the fact that you have said it works with dhcp and not with a
static IP address my complete guess is that it's because of the
`hostname`.  Unfortunately, I have no idea what hostname anaconda uses
with a dhcp or when you set a static IP.  But I like to play guessing
games.  :)

regards,
dan carpenter

Vague, perhaps, if you didn't read the rest of the thread ;)

This really bums me out. Like I said, I imagine that there's some networking component that I'm missing here, causing this operation to fail. I'll hack at it some more tomorrow.

Thanks!
-dant