Re: Guide to comps.xml and friends

Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 10:14 -0400, Brian Long wrote:

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 23:47, Jeremy Katz wrote:

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 18:38 -0700, dan wrote:

However, I was wondering if anyone has found, or has in their posession, a comprehensive guide to comps.xml, detailing which packages have which dependencies, which groups are inherited, which groups are required, the true definition of each directive (<packagereq type="[default][mandatory][optional]>, for instance)... stuff like that.

The format is defined at http://rhlinux.redhat.com/anaconda/comps.html

Jeremy

Jeremy, this page was never updated for RHEL 3 where you removed the
<package> sections since Anaconda auto-computes dependencies.

I'll take patches :-)

Actually, I should move the document over to the wiki[1] so that people
can live edit it.  todo++

Jeremy

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda  Although I'm planning to do
some reorganization shortly.

Please pardon my ignorance, but is it safe to assume that the Anaconda installation process and procedure as I understand it, will remain the same in the general throughout Fedora, RHEL, and CentOS?

I guess what I'm getting at, is you're talking about editing the fedoraproject.org's Wiki, but is that information going to benefit other guys attempting the same thing in FC, RHEL, and CentOS and a hadful of others?

Thanks again!
-dant