Re: Deparate - KickStart USB DVD device mount name?

Chris Mckenzie wrote:
Hi all.

I'm sort of desperate. I've got someone trying to install a kickstart ISO install I put together that has the linuxiso.cfg loading the kickstart from /mnt/cdrom, but from a USB DVD drive.

It's a phone conversation, so you can understand that I can't see the kernel log.

Does anyone know what mount location Anaconda mounts a USB DVD (or CD) drive when installing from it?

Please and thank you!

- Chris

I haven't much experience with USB in Linux, but if I recall correctly, USB storage devices are mounted as psuedo-SCSI devices. So your device names would be /dev/sdXX (/dev/sda{1}, /dev/sdb{3}, etc etc).

That will iether help you or hurt you.  I only wish that it helps.  haha.

Thanks!
-dant